Monday, January 23, 2012

Kind words for a Gift in Brooklyn

Gift in Brooklyn

Hello!
My name is Rachael and I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I want to write to you to let you know how special your artwork is to me. In September 2010 I arrived back to NYC from a particularly challenging trip to India. I worked in an orphanage there during the summer, and in my time after traveling via trains through India, I saw the worst in people through greed, corruption, sadness, loss, and pure destruction in both environmental and animal abuse. Needless to say, I felt the experience to my very core. It put me in a very distraught state of mind and infinite sadness seemed to take over. I felt helpless and lost. I caught an early flight home to Brooklyn and walked into a destroyed home. I had been robbed while away, and all of my personal belongings and cherished items gone. The impact on my already saddened self was immense.
I walked outside to clear my head and being 4 am, the streets were empty. All of a sudden, In the moonlight, a happy face with large eyes and the idea of "LOVE" seemed to jump out to me. It was your art. It rushed a feeling of happiness, love, friendship, connection and pure energy into me, at a time when I needed it most. I thank you for this. It was at the right time and in the right place. I took it home and it has been on every apartment I have lived in since, front and center and always making me happy when I see it.

This has been unexpectedly a long and winding tale, but thank you again and again. I had to reach out to you and let you know how your artwork has touched me. Keep creating and LOVE.

Best,
Rachael